Tuesday, August 22, 2006

It's Tuesday - bowling day!



Check out this video of a dude doing a rubix cube in 20 seconds; the amazing thing is, he does it one-handed. You'd have to be a natural born genius or someone with a lot of time on their hands to be able to accomplish something like THAT.

Speaking of which, I wish I had a skill - something that I'm better at than everybody else. I've been trying out different things, I even have a guitar - at which I suck - and yet I can't find my one special penchant. I feel like theres nothing I can confidently say I'm super good at. I've been searching for that special something. I guess I'll just have to keep practicing and building on the skills I already have.

I've gotten into anime lately. Full Metal Alchemist is a Japanese anime series which I've been recently enjoying - it tells the tale of a pair of brothers, both alchemists (alchemists, at least according to the show, being scientists who break down matter and rebuild it). Their father (who left them when they were young) was a great alchemist, and they seemed to have inherited some of his natural ability. But as young children, their mother - who they loved dearly - fell horribly ill and died. In their grief, and knowing their alchemic ability, they attempted to ressurect their mother using alchemy in a "human transmutation." There are two things that are forbidden for alchemists to do - turning materials into gold, and performing human transmutations. Because of it's forbidden nature, something goes horribly wrong in the process - and Edward Elrick (the older brother) loses an arm and a leg, and Alphonse Elrick (the younger brother) loses his entire body. To save him, his brother binds his soul to an old suit of armor. They failed to ressurect their mother, who appeared briefly as a monster before Ed killed it, and they paid the terrible price for their breaching of the taboo.

The pair then travel to Central City to meet Lieutenant Colonel Roy Mustang - who realizes that Edward has great potential, and could even become the State Alchemist (a very high ranking alchemist).

That's pretty much all I know so far; I've only watched five episodes!