Monday, August 07, 2006

Manic Monday

The video above is my dogs - both Maltese terriers (although I'm not sure about pure bred). The fat one is a male named Lucky; the skinny one is a female named Lucy. I recorded the video using a mobile phone which is capable of 640X480 resolution videos - pretty good for online streaming.
I've found an interesting website - www.talkr.com. It creates a podcast based on your RSS feed which has a computer voice reading out your blog postings. Very nifty indeed - I've seen it integrated into a blog so that at the end of every post, the reader has the option of hearing the audio instead.
Worked from 4-7 PM today; got called in. Pretty boring and tiring, but I suppose I need the money to sustain my spending addiction (see previous posts).
Gadget of the day - the Optimus LED Keyboard (http://www.artlebedev.com/portfolio/optimus/). It works on a system of configurable LED lights which can be easily configured to adapt to a variety of keysets - for example, the images displayed in the keys could be changed for specific programs like Photoshop, and it could also be an awesome gaming keyboard - an alternative to the different keysets for the Zboard.
Download of the day; Frets on Fire (http://louhi.kempele.fi/~skyostil/uv/fretsonfire/).
It's a free PC game similar to Guitar Hero, and lets you play a rhythm based guitar game with your keyboard. You can hold the keyboard like a guitar and the system works quite well. Unfortunately, the program only comes with three songs. You can import your own, but I believe you have to some fiddling.
At school, we've been doing Shakespeare, and have an assessed creative folio piece coming up - I'll probably post it when it's done.
Anyway,
until tomorrow.