Saturday, August 05, 2006

Hey big spender...


I suffer from spend-itis. It's a rare condition that affects the back-pocket. It's a horrible affliction that causes an individual to expel the contents of his wallet and can strike without warning, at a subtle change in the human psyche ; these lapses in cash control are known as "impulse buys." I was diagnosed with this disorder when I recieved my first dollar, and immediately spent it.

Now that I have a job, I have spent more money in the space of a few months than I have possessed in my entire life. Most of it has been on computers and tech; I bought a new PC, and a webcam, and an Mp4 player. A lot of it just goes to food and other small expenses. But the thing is, I must have gone through about $2,000 - and has it improved my life? Has the little bits and pieces, the techy crap, the nerdy joy made my existence more fulfilled? Well...

Yes! You expected a different answer didn't you. I've learnt that although many may preach about selflessness and humility, there is happiness to be attained through materialism; or, I just like cool stuff.