Friday, July 28, 2006

Traffic Withdrawl Symptons


I spend one day without BlogMad, and I break down. After not even 24 hours with only a few hits from uncredible sources, I was tempted to return to surfing mode. I watched my feeble sitemeter remain ever so still, and I sat in silence, watching, waiting. I posted a couple things, mindless rants because of nothing interesting to say, and still, I couldn't help but think of the traffic. I thought, 'Don't worry. They'll come to you. Just you see.' I was blinded by optimism. After the comments left during the BlogMad era, I was starting to think, 'Wow. There are people actually reading your blog.' I thought, just maybe, that even after the short period I've been blogging that I'd built up a readership. But, alas, as I was perched upon the edge of my seat, sweat beads dripping like daggers down my forehead, constantly hitting 'refresh' to see if any comments had been left, I felt weak. I felt the call of my precious, screaming at me, 'just a little bit of surfing, get a few credits. You know you wan't to.' And I did want to, desperately. I resisted the urge for nigh on a few hours. I remained strong for the first couple, proclaiming that I would not let the desire beat me. But it did. I'm back on BlogMad. And I love it.