Tuesday, August 01, 2006

My Friend Jackson

I thought I'd change up the blog a bit and do a little bit of personal story. So I have this friend, his name is Jackson; he's Sri Lankan and he's a bit older than me. The thing is, we have a very strange relationship; he is wierdly affectionate, and I think it's because he comes from what I percieve to be a very strict family, where he is expected to study hard and play little. I think he treats me, at least sometimes, the way he'd like to be treated - like a child. I won't go into detail about some of the things he says, but it includes 'my precious white child' (we have this ongoing thing whereby he makes white jokes and I make black jokes). So he bags me and I bag him, but I sense a hint of envy - he seems to have never really had a childhood. He always gives me crap because I don't really study, and I recipricate. Anyway, this guy is good at every subject - but he has worked hard for it and he deserves it. But my strength has always been English - its just my forte. But recently I recieved a B, and he an A - absoleutely crushing. I still haven't recovered. The teachers only written complaints were a lack of quotes, and apart from that, it was 'a very good essay.' So now it seems that Jackson has robbed me of English, and the only thing I am still superior to him in (at least in terms of marks) is I.T., which he doesn't even care about. Which brings me to my next quarrel with him - whats important and what is not. In todays world, IT is a very important skill which he sorely lacks - while I find a lack of real world use for Maths (at which I also lack). I wonder where I'll need quadratics, but I'm sure I'll forget it when I need it most - perhaps, by some bizarre circumstance, I'll meet a super hot chick who won't go out with me unless I find the point at which the parabola passes through the X-axis. Right about now, this very moment, I'm realizing that I've posted this for no point - I've wasted your time, and mine. I've told you about a dysfunctional abusive friendship for no reason. But I can do it because its my blog.