Monday, July 24, 2006

Tips For Promoting Your Blog


I've began, in recent days, a marketing campaign to get my blog read. It's involved a lot of registering, submitting, bragging and sharing, and even some underhanded tactics. If you have a blog that's not getting read, I suggest you start by clicking some of those little icons on my blog and other blogs you read: you'll find that most of the time they lead to either blog directories or feed directories, where you can normally submit your own. A favourite of mine is Blogmad - (www.blogmad.net) - they have a great surfing service where by you visit random blogs, earn credits, and others will have the chance to visit yours in the same fashion. Get a Feedburner feed for your blog, so that people can subscribe to it. I even got a little creative with my campaign - I uploaded a video to Youtube (see "boy stacks on bike" and "boy crashes scooter into bin) - which had the URL here at the end of it. Basically, don't be afraid to get pety with your promotion - any visitor can make a difference (to that end, if anyone is reading this, please comment.) You could post positive comments on other blogs while surfing, and attach a link to yours (don't just spam - post genuine comments). Google "blog directories", and you'll get a ton of links.