Tuesday, July 25, 2006

If you could pass on a piece of advice that meant a lot to you when you received it, what would it be?

If I could pass on just one piece of advice, it would have to be, "don't care what other people think of you." I've spent too much of my time regretting something I've said, or wondering about what other people are saying about me, instead of just living for myself. I'm way too self-conscious; I seriously can't even start a conversation with someone, without thinking about whether what I'm about to say is a stupid question or not. It's not healthy to worry that much about your image. I have a friend, who is very brave; he's a big guy, but he acts... how do I put it? Let's just say he acts how he wants to. He lives for himself. I crave the courage to be like him. But when he's around my other group of friends, ashamadly, I tell him to go away, like I'm embarrased even by his presence. Why? I don't know. I shouldn't care what others think of me. At the end of the day, when I'm alone, is that what matters? No. The only thing that matters is my contentness within myself. No amount of false acceptance is going to change how I feel inside. So, heed my advice; don't be like me. If you have something to say, don't hesitate to say it because your afraid of what others might think. If you have a gift, don't hide it like it's something to be ashamed of; embrace it.